Honest to goodness song feedback for #goaldigging songwriters.
"Thank you, Sarah -- thank you very, very much -- for your constructive critique of my song... I learned buckets from your feedback. What you had to say was so wise and thoughtful -- and just plain smart. I am honored to have you spend so much time in your evaluation and written feedback. You have a gift for this."
- Jeremiah West, Songwriter
So you've written a song, now what?
If you're like most beginning songwriters, you've probably had the following thoughts about your songs:
- "Is this any good? How do I make it better?"
- "Do I feel good enough about this to play it on stage in front of actual people?"
- "What if I bomb?"
- "What if it sucks? DO I SUCK?"
What happens when you don't believe in your songs:
- You question your worth as a songwriter
- You miss opportunities like fun shows you could play
- You don't finish new songs
- You STOP writing
Let's polish up your songs, map your goals, and get excited.
We are our own worst critics, and I have a feeling that you're being way too hard on yourself. (deep breaths, bby!)
An outside opinion from an experienced songwriter who's been there before can help you find the brilliant gems hidden in your songs. I'd love to be that trusted writer for you. Let's polish up that good stuff and get you on track to meet your songwriting goals!
A Song Feedback + Mini-Goal Consult will give you:
- Guidance on how to make your song stronger
- Tips on how to approach your next song
- Specific feedback - your questions answered
- Mini-goal coaching advice to get you to your songwriting goals
- Links to actual resources you can use right away
* Yes, this is an actual consult. Look at all those words!
Get started now!
"I had some really actionable feedback that resulted in a much better song once I had that feedback. Thanks Sarah!"
- Phil Thomas, Songwriter
I'll help you with the craft, so you can reach your goals.
Hey, girl! I've been helping female songwriters find their voice since 2012. I started my blog, SongFancy, as a way to reach even more people and be a helping guide them on their songwriting exploration.
In my own career, I've won awards, had songs cut by performing artists, put out 2 records, and have been writing music for the past 20 years. Some of my proudest accomplishments include: Releasing a record with guitar legend Steve Morse, winning Grand Prize in the Great American Song Contest, Best Country Song in the USA Songwriting Competition, playing multiple sold-out shows at The Bluebird Cafe, winning the Frank Brown Song Contest, and helping artists craft their messages in the writing room. I perform on stages all around Nashville and Florida. You can follow my music here: https://sarahspencer.com/xoSarahSpencer
Feedback + planning = #goalcrushing songs.
Frequently Asked Questions
"This was fantastic feedback and exceeded my expectations...[it] was excellent and you gave so many extra resources... Most of the feedback were things that I can apply right away."
- Michael Maddox, Songwriter